Sunday, June 12, 2011

Latest Quilling Project: Tree!

I finally finished my latest quilling project. I created this for the silent auction for the talent show we're having at work for ArtsMemphis.  I will be tickled pink if someone actually bids on this! But if no one does, that's ok too because it means that I get this back. After spending so much time on it, that wouldn't be so bad. But really, I hope someone is willing to pay for this. :)

I first told you about this here. Next I created the tree and limbs by filling out what I had already drawn.


Next, I cut out strips of green paper. Each strip is about 1/8th of an inch.



Then usually the quilling technique, I started making the leaves. This was the most time consuming part of the project.




Finally, I ended up with something like this.


Actually, this is only about half of the total leaves I needed. After I finished making the leaves, I started gluing them around the tree limbs using Modge Podge. Oh, how I love that stuff!





Then I kept on adding!





Until finally it was completely filled in.





Then I added it to a shadow box. All done!





This is my biggest quilling project to date. And I really like it. I already have an idea on what to quill next. But I think I'll take a break from quilling. Our front door really needs a wreath. :)

I'm linking to a few places, including here:

Under the Table and Dreaming
Today's Creative Blog


3 comments:

  1. wow! What an awesome tree... this must have taken such a long time to make! I give you lots of credit! I happen to LOVE quilling!!! I followed you from the WhipperBerry Friday Flair where I've linked up too if you want to stop by. Hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is quirky and lovely and amazing! Saw it at Under the Table. So beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is absolutely beautiful! I love that you used varying shades of green for the leaves, that really makes the individual leaves pop nicely. Great job! Jen @ www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete