Saturday, May 14, 2011

I love walking

I'm trying to lose weight. It sucks, but this time around I'm kind of enjoying it. I'm using Weight Watchers and so far it's great. I want to lose at least 45 pounds, and so far I've lost 5.5 pounds in 4 weeks. But I have found that if I don't exercise at all during the week, then  I will not lose a single pound. Gotta love that slow metabolism :P And of course, the more I exercise, the more I lose.

My favorite form of exercise is walking. But I hate treadmills. I love to go outside and walk around the neighborhood. It serves me well. If I walk 2 miles away from home, then I have no choice than to walk 2 miles back. So I like how I don't give myself the option to quit. Because otherwise on a treadmill, I can usually convince myself to quit. Sad, but true. At least I know who I am.

I find it more motivating to lose weight for health reason than for vanity. When I've lost weight before, it was just to be thinner. But now I have high blood pressure, and the only thing left that I can do is lose weight. So now I don't care what size clothes I wear or how big my waist is. I just want to be healthy so I can live a nice long life with my hubs. Because I want more photos like this. :)


Sigh, I love that man!

No comments:

Post a Comment